Frenum and bicycles

dermal piercing »»

Sunday September 16th, 2012 @ 3:23 PM

Filed under: Male Genital

I have been wanting to start a frenum ladder for quite a while now but I ride my bicycle everywhere and heavily rely on it for transportation. My question is, am I going to be able to ride my bike while my frenum is healing? (I plan on doing the ladder one frenum at a time).

You’ll be just fine. A guiche piercing on the other hand might be a, forgive the pun, pain in the ass though.

Posted by Ryan Mills | Permalink | Leave a comment | Trackback

9 Responses to “Frenum and bicycles”

1. SO I got my frenum done at a 10g. It’s pretty swollen and black and blue. And every time I ride my bike there’s blood coming from both sides of the barbell… Is this a normal part of the healing process? Should I stop riding my bike?

Ben? on September 26th, 2012 at 6:42 pm
  2. Hi i was just wondering what i should do about my second lobe piercing. i got it pierced about 5 months ago. i used the ear care up to about 2 months then i started using 70% isophyrl rubbing alcohol. now my ears have been dry,itchy and a little red and still get crusties. im panicking because i really want to keep them and i dont know what to put on them if anything. i stopped using rubbing alcohol a few weeks ago and have been using the ear care since. please help!!

Brittany on October 9th, 2012 at 9:57 pm
  3. I’ve had my frenum and ampallang for 20 years now and never had an issue even when healing. I ride a bicycle every day.

ChopperMark on October 15th, 2012 at 10:24 pm
  4. This goes to Brittany. I’m not a piercer, but I have had experience healing lobe piercings and dermal anchors. Please keep in mind that this is just advice. It sounds like what you’re using for aftercare is causing the problem. That should have been healed after 2 months unless you are just a slow healer. If you are talking about using BZK (the stuff you get from Claire’s/The Icing) then I would stop using it. Rubbing alcohol is also a big no-no. Both BZK and alcohol are way too harsh and neither are doing you any favors by the sound of it. I would recommend using warm compresses using sea salt mixed with distilled water or warm compresses with just the distilled water. If you are going to do sea salt compresses, I would use 1/8 of a teaspoon of salt to 8 ounces of water. It should be no saltier than your own tears. If your opting for the distilled water with nothing in it then heat it up for about 15 to 20 seconds depending on how much you are using. The key is it should be as hot as you can stand but no hotter. Both of these methods have worked on my dermal anchors when they have gotten irrtated. I hope this helps.

Tara on October 17th, 2012 at 7:40 pm
  5. Had a first frenum piercing and was riding the next day with no issues. Had it stretched and rode with no issues.
    Recently had two more frenum piercings and can ride without any problems.
    You should be fine.

Luke on October 21st, 2012 at 6:11 pm
  6. Frenum piercings do tend to bruise being that the tissue is so soft and vascular. it is also normal to have a bit of bleeding the day after.
    Twizz
    Piercing for 10yrs.

Twizz on October 27th, 2012 at 5:45 pm
  7. Had my frenum pierced for years. Wore a chain in it, had a lead on it etc etc. Then I got Thrush through sugar - and the frenum just ripped away ! All gone now !

Jay on October 30th, 2012 at 7:07 am
  8. I’ve put 6 so far and it shouldn’t be a problem bro. Only 14 gauge but when they heal I’ll put a few more in! Go for it bro!!

Spike on November 14th, 2012 at 3:12 pm
  9. It’s not a problem at all. I have a 6ga ampallang and a 4ga frenum, and cycling has never caused an injury. I ride mostly fixed gear, with some BMX and mountain biking as well. I would advise cycling shorts for long rides, but that’s sort of a given.

ChopperMark on August 11th, 2013 at 2:23 am