Hide n seek nipple ring

«« dermal piercing    Forward Helix Healing Issue »»

Tuesday September 11th, 2012 @ 4:48 PM

Filed under: Nipple

I recently got my nipples pierced 2 weeks ago. Everything was going well until my nipples started to swell more, I guess my body thought it was a threat, I iced them,ran them through water while i showered and cleaned them with sea salt and did the rest of the after care steps,but then the barbell started sinking in my left breast I’d move them around to adjust(with clean hands), my breast are a 36DD,so I knew the healing process would take long and be rigorous,but then I noticed the left ball had sunken in and the skin had grown over it,practically overnight, and I tried pushing it through again,but became light headed and overwhelmed and a bit horrified.

Is this fatal for my nipple?

and what should I do,exactly?

Go see your piercer immediately. That barbell needs to come out and a longer one put in its place. This is not necessarily the end for you piercing but it needs to be handled asap.

Posted by Ryan Mills | Permalink | Leave a comment | Trackback

5 Responses to “Hide n seek nipple ring”

1. Same exact thing happened to me, my piercer was a POS however and sent me with a barbell to replace at home on my own. Granted, after I did it my nipple was much better.

Cheryl on September 13th, 2012 at 4:01 pm
  2. I’m having the same problem, I noticed the sunkin ball after working and being out all day. Now I’m home and the ball in abt 1/2 way through my nipple! The inner hole is hardly open and the outer hole has the barbell sticking out of it! What should I do? Go to emergency? Go to a piercer? Will it come all the way out on its own? PLEASE HELP!!

Ty on November 17th, 2012 at 7:42 am
  3. First off RESEARCH your piercers! Breast size makes no difference. The piercing is obviously crooked in the picture. Go back to the shop and make the piercer take the jewelery out if he tries to make you pay run away. Next go to a good, well trained piercer and have them pierce you with jewelery long enough to accommodate any swelling.

Twizz on November 21st, 2012 at 2:10 pm
  4. I had the exact same thing happen to me I’m a size 36E. I talked to my piercing and we put a longer bar in and slightly larger balls and everything when smooth after that. They healed surprisingly fast.

Griff on January 27th, 2013 at 4:40 am
  5. Why are you getting a barbell? You should be getting a large (and the size of the breast/piercing does matter for this) captive ball ring, or curved barbell that has plenty of slide room!

There should be little ‘bend’ down from the piercing hole to the jewelry. Just a casual sweep. Probably a 3/4 inch CB ring, or even an inch (the size of a quarter of half dollar) I’d be going with the half dollar size with 36DD if the picture shows right with the swelling.

A barbell has the tendency to do exactly what you all are experiencing. And, tends to hinder proper cleaning. A CB you can turn it, it helps with the drainage and there isn’t much ‘pull’ against the freshly healing skin to allow it to disappear. That’s as well why you want a ‘gentle curve’ and not a severe curve. The freshly pierced flesh is easier to ’split’ and have problems. Also gauge is important! 14 gauge is the smallest you should be pierced with for a fresh nipple piercing and I prefer 12 or 10. I know the jewelry can be expensive. But, this is a life long experience. Even if you don’t wear it for life, you don’t want to be damaged for life either!

Best of luck, and yes, really do your research on jewelry and artist before a piercing!

Beth on January 31st, 2013 at 3:02 pm