Nipple Sensitivity?

«« Bioplast    Gum recession due to tongue piercing »»

Wednesday November 26th, 2008 @ 8:12 AM

Filed under: Nipple

Hello there,

May as well jump in with this one, it has always annoyed me that I have almost no sensitivity in my nipples (I am a man) to the point where I cannot tell if someone is touching them or not without looking. Without sounding like a complete perv, I really want them to be more sensitive.

Could having them pierced increase their sensitivity?

Also, is there anything I should be aware of in the difference between a vertical or horizontal piercing through the nipple?

Having your nipples pierced can increase sensitivity during the healing time as the blood supply to the area increases and it becomes a hive of bio-activity, however, once they are fully healed chances are they will return to their pre-pierced level of sensitivity. As for vertical or horizontal, there is no real difference other than aesthetics.

Posted by Tiff Badhairdo | Permalink | Leave a comment | Trackback

8 Responses to “Nipple Sensitivity?”

1. I got my nipples pierced almost 2 weeks ago and I didn’t have any feeling in them either really. They were hard to get erect or whatever. Since I got them pierced they’ve been sensitive and I love it! They’ve calmed down from the first 5 days I’ve had them but when I rub my hand over them there’s still a sensation =D I hope it doesn’t go away!

carebearjizz on November 26th, 2008 at 8:02 pm
  2. Mine were closer to the lack of feeling end of the spectrum, after I got them pierced it definately added some sensitivity. I’m not sure what changed, but in the last year or so (they’re been pierced for 4) I don’t even like anyone touching them because they’re so sensitive..

Kim on November 26th, 2008 at 11:54 pm
  3. I have to agree with Tiff… I’ve had mine pierced about 2 years now, and haven’t noticed any real change in sensitivity. Guys that I’m with seem to like them, and will focus more on that area, which is nice, but when it all come down to it, it’s still just a piece of metal through the nipple, and doesn’t really affect nerve endings.

But I’m sure everyone’s different.

Rhiannon on November 30th, 2008 at 2:07 am
  4. pierced nipples often end out permanently erect, which may change sensation, and large gauge piercings in particular will effectively enlarge the nipple and provide more surface area inside the fistula.

horizontals can be swapped for rings if you wish at a later date, verticals not so well…

redeye on November 30th, 2008 at 9:30 pm
  5. I wear rings in my diagonal nipple piercings occasionally. I haven’t had any lasting increase in sensation though. During the first month or two of healing they were so sensitive I couldn’t even let the water run directly on them in the shower. It’s been three years now and serve mainly as decoration.

Porkchop on December 7th, 2008 at 4:04 am
  6. One of my male friends has his nipples pierced horizontally with 2.4mm jewellery (I think) and he says having it done ‘made them work’. His sensitivity was heightened permanently.

Stef on April 18th, 2009 at 4:21 pm
  7. I got my nipples pierced with 2.4 mm barbells 9 months ago and they are much more sensitive than they were before. Girls love them and it feels soooo good when they play with them. So in my experience, yes, piercing your nipples will make them more sensitive.

Tim on November 18th, 2010 at 8:47 pm
  8. I have the same lack of sensitivity in my nipples — can’t tell they’re being touched without looking. I’ve had my left nipple pierced for three years now & the sensitivity in that nipple has greatly increased.

Plink on May 31st, 2011 at 6:29 am