binding breast with pierced nipples

«« Keloids    scarification over scars »»

Tuesday October 21st, 2008 @ 10:20 AM

Filed under: Nipple

My question is two fold, and I have not been able to find any information about anyone having a problem similar to mine. I got my nipples pierced almost six months ago, and I wear 12 gauge straight barbells in them. They are still healing, and I haven’t had any problems with them, my issue is this: I preform as a drag king, and to do so I have to bind my breasts with medical tape. I’ve found that even with a thin foam pad over my nipples the tape still pulls on the jewelry, and thus the piercings, in painfully ways and causes them to remain sore for a couple of days afterwards. I cannot put thicker pads on because it would negate the binding. Do you have any recommendations for jewelry that would not get pulled on as much? I know that straight barbells are best for healing (and I like the looks of them best) but would putting in CBRs or something help to keep them from getting pulled on? Because they are still healing I don’t want to take the jewelry out to preform and I don’t want to experiment with other pieces of jewelry without someone else thinking I should. My second question is this: can taping my breasts delay the healing of my nipples? Thank you.

Your second question is easier to answer so I’ll start with that one. In a word - yes. Taping your breasts will lengthen the healing time.

As for your first query. I deeply doubt changing the jewellery will make a difference. This is one of those cases whereby lifestyle conspires against healing. Unfortunately, you have chosen a piercing that has a lengthy healing time (12-18 months). All I can suggest is experiment with different methods of binding to try and find the most comfortable with regards to the piercing and if it looks like your piercing is becoming irritated, it may be a case of having to decide between the piercing and the performance.

Posted by Tiff Badhairdo | Permalink | Leave a comment | Trackback

5 Responses to “binding breast with pierced nipples”

1. This has nothing to do with piercing but I just have to say that drag kings are awesome ;)

HereKittyKitty on October 22nd, 2008 at 7:29 pm
  2. Wow. I was actually wondering the same thing, as I am to be performing as a drag king this week. although it is already known that binding wont make my breasts entirely unnoticable (double d’s…), I will atleast try to be reallly careful of my nipple piercings! and I really do hope your piercings can heal even with your act! :)

Nixa9531 on October 27th, 2008 at 2:32 am
  3. you should probably invest in a binder. while not perfect, it will almost certainly be better than tape. both for your piercings and for your ribcage/breathing. underworks seems to be the brand recommended by FTMs and is probably a good place to start.

AeChei on October 27th, 2008 at 7:46 pm
  4. Invest in a proper binder or go to walmart and purchase either a “waist trimmer belt” (blue and black neoprene) or “back support brace” (red and black thicker neoprene). Put a small piece of tape over piercing and then a gauze pad and tape over that. Then the binder over top. This will limit the rubbing to the best possible. It is also how the tape down the nipples post op under our binders. Good luck

trannyboy

trannyboy on November 9th, 2008 at 5:25 am
  5. Wow, this piece of writing is nice, my younger sister is analyzing such things, therefore
    I am going to let know her.

how made breasts on April 24th, 2013 at 12:10 am